How to Eliminate Under-Eye Wrinkles and Dark Circles
As we age, our bodies change. Things that were once beneficial no longer function as they did when we were younger. Unfortunately this can also effect how we look and how we age. Our skin also changes. Some of these effects can be unwanted, such as age spots, under-eye wrinkles, and dark under-eye circles.The five things below outline some of the changes skin commonly undergoes as we age.
These five things are connected with our overall skin health. Quality anti-aging products can help minimize these effects while also improving your skin’s overall appearance.
- Loss of collagen and elastin.
Collagen and elastin are found in the layers of skin that lie underneath. The body produces these specifically for the skin’s foundation. Collagen is found on top of the dermis and is responsible for giving skin its form. Elastin is found on the bottom layer and gives skin its “elasticity”.
As we age, the body will slow down production of these cells. Collagen and elastin then begin to break down and waste products build up. This can cause wrinkles and lines. Quality anti-aging products can help rebuild these cells and reduce the signs of aging.
- Decrease in hyaluronic acid.
Hyaluronic acid is found in the skin’s cells and is responsible for retaining moisture. As we age, the skin’s hyaluronic acid levels decrease. This can cause dry skin and contribute to the appearance of dark under-eye circles.
Quality anti-aging products can help raise the skin’s hyaluronic acid levels. Be sure to look for those products that can stimulate production of this important substance.
- Free radical damage.
Our bodies produce free radicals, which are damaging chemicals that wand in the living cell’s bodies. UV rays, pollution, and other factors are what contribute to the production of free radicals.
In the case of the body’s skin, the free radicals can be caused by external factors, such as UV rays from the sun or pollution. In many cases, the actual UV rays from the sun are the result of a single exposure years before.
Fortunately, quality anti-aging products can help prevent and reverse free radical damage. Antioxidants can significantly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Other potent ingredients can reduce age spots and actually rebuild the skin’s collagen and elastin stores.
Look for antioxidant ingredients:
You can also include other helpful ingredients to Steps 1 and 2 above.
Be sure to look for these cutting edge ingredients:
- Cynergy TK, which contains functional keratin, the basic skin protein, Cynergy TK is an antioxidant that reduces fine lines and wrinkles and stimulates cell production in the skin.
- Nanobelle Coenzyme Q10, which is a more potent form of Coenzyme Q10 and is quickly absorbed into the skin.- Phytessence Wakame, an extract from sea kelp that fights a damaging enzyme called hyaluronidase and neutralizes the harmful effects of hyaluronidase.
- Other antioxidants that include Vitamin E, Vitamin C and Vitamin B complex.
Step 2: moisten, tone and firm the skin beneath your eyes
In this step, use a serum or formulated gel to thoroughly and completely hydrate the skin around your eyes. Be sure to look for an eye serum that is fragrance free and contains natural moisturizing ingredients. Natural moisturizing ingredients can help reduce eye wrinkles.
Look for these ingredients in your eye serum:
- Eyeliss, which is an expensive ingredient that has a dramatic effect in reducing bags under the eyes.- Haloxyl, which also has an amazing effect in reducing dark circles under the eyes.- Homeo Age, which is significantly effective at reducing wrinkles around the eyes.
Step 3: Apply makeup to enhance your overall look
In this step, use a cream or lotion that helps to enhance your entire look. A good makeup product will also contain a pebbles or mineral makeup to give you that natural glow.